Handling Dating Panic Attacks The Healthy Way
Of course, anyone going on first dates can experience dating panic attacks. This occurrence doesn’t just happen when you are riddled with anxiety because of everyday problems. Even if you are not in a stressful situation, like you’re about to go on a job interview, you can still have panic attacks.
Cope With Dating Panic Attacks By Letting Go
So what does a dating panic attack look like? It usually happens when you are dating a person you are truly interested in. When this person doesn’t reply to any of your messages or doesn’t return your calls, you have an episode. You’ll know that you are having a dating panic attack when:
- You feel like the person doesn’t love you anymore.
- You condition your mind into thinking that the relationship is over.
- You call your friends or family for reassurance.
- You check your partner’s social media to gather “new information”.
All of these activities will help you cope with the stress you’re feeling, but they are not healthy at all. Please know that there are betters ways to cope, no matter how down you are.
The Healthy Way To Cope
So how do you cope with this? You relinquish the need to control everything. Probably, you are used to getting what you want in any situation. The best way to deal with all of this is to have a positive mindset. This sounds cliche, bu try it out. Here are some questions to guide you:
- Why do you automatically assume negative things?
- Is it possible that your partner is just busy?
- What do you want to do for yourself?
- When was the last time that you hung out with your friends or family?
- Why don’t you just call the person?
- How do you feel about space?
Always look at your situation with a positive mindset. If you’re in a new relationship, remember that your main focus should be on building a solid foundation. This includes trust, loyalty, friendship, and love. You are on the same team as your partner so you shouldn’t jump to any negative conclusions. For more updates and dating tips, read other posts on the blog.