How Do You Know If You’re Addicted To Dating?
Dating is something that comes naturally to life. You find someone you can be with, potentially, forever, you have children with this person, and you build a life together. That’s how it usually goes. Today, the process may be a little different because most people are stuck at the dating stage. Helen Fisher, Ph.D., biological anthropologist says, “Looking for love is the most important thing we do in our lives.” In today’s age where technology has expanded the possibilities of dating, Fisher is not surprised that people are addicted to dating and finding the right mate.
Signs You’re Addicted To Dating
Yes, the word “addicted” was used. The most probable reason why people are stuck in a dating stage is because of the addiction to the chase, to finding “the one”. There’s no moving forward, and there’s no connecting with people. But, how do you know if you are addicted to dating? Check for the following signs:
- You’re always on a first date.
- You feel pressured to go online whenever you have free time.
- You always check your dating app or dating site messages.
- To you, no one is good enough. Sometimes you feel like they are, but you have second thoughts because you feel like someone better may come along.
- You’re exhausted, but you persist in going on first dates.
How many signs have you spotted in your dating life? Hopefully none, but don’t worry because, as with every other addiction, there’s always a cure.
The Cure To Being Addicted To Dating
The first cure that you’re going to need is a change of perspective. You’re probably addicted to dating because you’re trying to find the right person as soon as possible. While your intentions are good, you have to understand that going on first dates constantly may be counterproductive. Fisher says that our brain can mostly handle five to nine things at once. So if you’re juggling more than nine people at a time, you’re asking for a failure. To break your habit, try these suggestions:
- Once you’ve reached nine people (if you can’t make that number smaller), weed out the ones you’re not interested in. Choose one person you can get to know and have a second date with.
- When you are on dates, do activities that are fun and that allow both of you to get to know each other easier.
- Once you’ve gone on a few dates with just one person, decide that it’s time for you to give online dating a rest, at least for a while.
Can you say that you’re addicted to dating? Leave your comments below and let’s get a discussion going. For more dating tips, you can visit the rest of our blog. You can also check out AsianDate.com to meet beautiful Asian ladies.