What Is The 80 20 Rule And How Can It Make My Life Better?

Have you ever heard about the 80 20 rule? It’s officially called the Pareto principle. Its other names are the law of the vital few and the principle of factor sparsity. Those who are in the field of economy or business might be familiar with this rule.

What Is The 80 20 Rule And How Can It Make My Life Better? | Asian Date
You can apply this rule in your dating life.

It was named after an Italian economist,  Vilfredo Pareto. He discovered that 80% of the land in Italy was owned by 20% of the people. Another one of his observations included peas from his garden. 80% of them were contained in just 20% of the pea pods growing. He had other discoveries as well that led him to formulate the 80 20 rule.

The 80 20 Rule Explained And Applied

This rule is simple. It states that 20% of your input will be responsible for 80% of the results. Another way of putting it is 20% of the causes produce 80% of the effects. For example, if you own a business and you apply the 80 20 rule to it, you’ll have to follow the principle that 80% of your sales should be coming from 20% of your team.

Can We Apply The 80 20 Rule In Our Life And Love Life?

The 80 20 rule sounds very technical and business-like, but you can actually apply it to your life and relationships. Here are a few examples of how you can do this:


  • Time management – you should be focusing 20% of your time on the most important tasks of the day so you can be productive.
  • Wealth – you’ll have better control over your finances when you save 20% of it and then spend the rest of the 80%. If you go above the 80%, it means your over-spending.


  • Online Dating – 80% of your successful online dates can come from 20% of the effort that you put into making your dating profile.
  • Improving A Relationship – 80% of the worries or problem you have in your current relationship are caused by 20% of whatever the couple is doing.

What Can We All Learn From The Pareto Rule?

Aside from the obvious business or economic model we can follow, the Pareto principle teaches us that there is a connection between cause and effect. In life and love, it simply means that 20% of what you’re doing has an 80% effect. If you’re having problems in life and love, a majority of it is being caused by 20% of whatever you’re doing, so find out what that is and focus on it if you want to solve your problems.

It’s quite incredible that you can actually apply something from business or economics into your romantic life. Try it for yourself and see how the 80 20 rule will work for you, especially in your dating. You can start by contacting ladies from AsianDate. Put in a lot of effort into meeting women so that 20% of whatever you’re doing will give you a staggering 80% success rate. For more interesting posts, check out the rest of our blog.